Thursday, March 26, 2009

Social tip #43 - College

I saw a billboard today advertising Pembroke College. It read "Go here to become what you want to be," and then there was a picture of a guy in a hat.

"Go here to wear a hat. The rest is up to you!"

The hat wasn't even a graduation cap. It was just some art fuck wearing a fedora.

"Go here to waste your parents money so that you can stand around all day and judge other people for not having a college degree. Or a hat."

Not that I'm saying you can't wear a hat. You can wear whatever you want to. Just not as a life goal.

4 comments:

BrianAlt said...

My life goal is to wear a hat!

Please don't degrade it.

Myka Fox said...

Sorry to touch a nerve. Let's back up. Have you applied to any Pennsylvania colleges to prepare you for your future plans? Would you like a letter of recommendation?

BrianAlt said...

You make a good point. The good news is, I'm done with my schoolin'. 4 years in undergrad and 4 1/2 part time at night for grad school was enough for me.

And neither was in Pennsylvania.

Soooo...never mind!

However, I always appreciate a good letter of recommendation.

myq said...

For a letter of recommendation, I recommend the letter "A."

And if you want to add a math symbol of recommendation, I recommend "+". Because it's the best. Or "-", because there's always room for improvement.

Just not "=".
Or "x". Because that will make it look like the grade is an "Ax."

Which might actually be okay: "this person has been chopping down the competition like crazy. So crazy I recommend them at a level of A=."