Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Social Tip #101 - LEARN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE

I used to have a job waiting on young Japanese girls and old Upper East Side alien ladies at an all-white lacquered pastry boutique. Nobody in that place spoke English; it was my job to make recommendations for them. Do you know what kind of cake goes best with Zoloft? Chocolate.

Once, my boss caught me daydreaming and asked me why I wasn’t doing any work.

"I'm busy thinking," I said.

"What are you thinking about?"

"I'm thinking about how much I hate this job. “

"Well, it's really getting in the way of your productivity."

Nobody in that place spoke English.

2 comments:

Merrick said...

I would have thought an angel food cake would work best with Zoloft. What should one eat with xanex?

BrianAlt said...

Sorry Merrick, my first choice would be to recommend chocolate for Zoloft too.