Saturday, April 04, 2009

Social Tip #55 - Solitude

I walked by the Guitar Center last night, and there were two desperate art fucks standing outside of it, leaning on the wall.

"What are you listening to?" one of them asked me, interested I presume in starting our affair with a conversation about his musical expertise.

"Nothing," I said.

"Come on, I just want to know what you're into," he pressed.

"I'm not listening to anything," I said, "I just wear these headphones so that people will think I can't hear them and won't try to talk to me, but it doesn't always work."

2 comments:

BrianAlt said...

Sometimes I turn off my iPod so I can hear other's conversations.

Myka Fox said...

I do the same thing. Especially when I am on the train and I want to hear a homeless persona's pitch but don't want to be charitable.