Friday, September 11, 2009

Social Tip #138 - Invent Yourself

It is easy to criticize how stupid network programming is, but, on the whole, I am thoroughly impressed with what our species has achieved . If every human in all of existence had been me, we would have never created cameras or televisions. We wouldn't even have houses to watch them in, I could never build a house. I can't even buy a house. I can't even watch the show House, because I can't afford TV. Mykas would have spent all of human history figuring out the canoe, at best. There would have been no Renaissance, we wouldn't even get to the Dark Ages, I don't know how to make a welding machine. I would have needed a welding machine welding machine, and I wouldn't even have been able to come up with that.

2 comments:

BrianAlt said...

Canoe? That's a pretty good feat! I would go with raft instead

Myka Fox said...

I'm sure you could graduate past raft after the first century of civilization. Its the oars, I think I would get stuck on.